Today I was able to get in a lot of wedding dress sewing time.
I had to baste together the underlining with the silk crepe de chine. This was about 21 yards of handbasting. Oh yes, my fingers are still red.
Sewing together the front and side front skirt pieces I had to carfully leave out everything over the circle marking, so it´ll form a nice point after sewing it to the band.
While sewing up the skirt I went through a pack of needles and every single one of them broke. I used the thinnest once availible, Nr. 60. No matter how I adjusted the tension, All of the broke. So I went one size up and used the Nr.70 needles and they worked perfectly! I was afraid to use the before, because at a test piece they pulled a lot of threads from the silk. Together with the underlining it was okay.
I basted in the invisible zipper with zigzag handstitches before putting in under the machine.
Then I sewed the dress together with the band and the bodice and here we are: